Custom Design, Fabrication, Machining And Repairs
IEM is a leading global supplier of bulk material handling equipment
Providing solutions for the most challenging situations.
- • In operation since 1953 (when we were called “IECO”), we have been designing and manufacturing bulk material handling equipment for many industries for many years.
- • At IEM we work closely with our clients and offer comprehensive technical services to provide practical solutions for the most demanding situations.
- • Our strength has always been our design experience & expertise in delivering products that perform as our customers expect.
- • This experience and knowledge extends to our fabrication, machining and assembly operations. Our tradespeople are dedicated and second to none.
- • IEM products are engineered and manufactured in-house at our 50,000 ft2 facility in Surrey, BC, Canada. We maintain strict quality standards using innovative production techniques and using only the highest quality raw materials.
- • And our people are owners! Most of our employees are also owners and share in the benefit of the success of our customers and our company.
We always deliver on our promises
- 1. Design Expertise - Beyond the standard "off the shelf" solutions, we work with our customers and use our design expertise for a tailored product that will work as required. We use 3D design software and modern engineering tools to complement our experience.
- 2. Solutions - Our clients know what they want. We understand that we are here to provide our "detailed knowledge" and years of collective experience. Our clients can access this detailed knowledge of success, in all formations, and in all conditions. It is their data.
- 3. Commitment - We see every client as a client for life. We maintain our clients’ trust by delivering on our promises.
- 4. Service - We are large enough to offer services from a fully equipped manufacturing facility but we are small enough to provide extensive detailed design expertise. We communicate and verify all drawings directly with our customers. Every customer is important to us.
- 5. Our Pledge - We've built a solid reputation of getting the job done right. At IEM, we pledge over-the-top service and design consultation.
We Work For Our Clients
At IEM, our strength is our people. As owners, all of employees are fully engaged in our customers’ success. We are here for you.
Our people are amazing!
In 2003, John Hards and Joe Wurz purchased the Machinery Design and Manufacturing Division of IECO and the name was changed to "Industrial Equipment Manufacturing Limited" (IEM).
LEADERSHIP TEAM BIOS
Joe Wurz – President
Joe has over 40 years of experience in senior management positions in large brokerage, industrial, manufacturing and forestry companies. Joe has also been a business consultant to many small companies.
Chuck Walls, P. Eng, MBA – Vice President
Chuck has been leading heavy industrial manufacturing operations for 30 years and brings a wealth of knowledge of customer needs to IEM.
John Williamson, P. Eng. - Chief Engineer
John has been with the company for nearly 40 years designing and building some of the best equipment money can buy. As our Chief Engineer, John’s knowledge, experience and work ethic is what our customers have come to expect and what our young engineers emulate.
Jordan Macdonald – Controller
With IEM since 2005, Jordan has a strong background in financial accounting, analysis and forecasting as well as managing IEM’s IT needs.
Jordan Valgardson, P. Eng. , Sr. Project Engineer
Jordan has a B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from UBCO and has been with IEM since 2010. Jordan’s experience, work ethic and adaptability makes him an invaluable management team member and leader for IEM.
Danny Smith - Operations Manager
Since 2011, Danny has been an invaluable member of IEM; ensuring our manufacturing operations run smoothly & efficiently and your equipment goes together as planned!